Biography:As a member of the Bergthaler Mennonite Church of Altona, I first began to explore my calling in the area of Christian formation as a Sunday school teacher for preschool age children. In the 20 years since that first class experience I have been increasingly drawn to Christian formation as a life-long endeavor for the entire church. My studies have allowed me to explore broadly what faith formation means for an Anabaptist Christian, and how we, as Anabaptists, have the opportunity to both impact and learn from the broader Christian community as well as other faith traditions. Some of my passions in ministry are:
- resourcing individuals and groups in order that they might be able to live out their callings with strength and integrity. I am a finder and I love digging through materials to find people what they need!
- experiencing story as the foundation of our faith. The biblical story is our story and it comes alive when we tell it and as we live out the continuing narrative.
- engaging in ritual that creates rhythm in our lives, individually and corporately. There are many opportunities in our churches, homes, and communities to engage in rituals that strengthen our identity as followers of Christ.
- exploring practices that continue to nurture our awareness of the work of God within and around us. I love helping people of all ages, and especially young children, to connect with God and the world through prayer.
- M.Div., Associated (Anabaptist) Mennonite Biblical Seminary, 2011
- 4yr B.A., Canadian Mennonite University, 2006
- Major: Biblical & Theological Studies
- Minor: Psychology
- Pastor with responsibility for faith formation at Stirling Avenue Mennonite Church (Kitchener, ON), Present
- Essay Grader/Marker for "Biblical Literature and Themes" at Canadian Mennonite University (Winnipeg, MB), 2012-2013, Present
- Sessional Instructor for "Human Development and Christian Formation" at Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary (Elkhart, IN), Fall 2011
- Volunteer Pastor of Christian Formation at Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, IN), Fall 2011
- Pastoral Intern at Braeside Evangelical Mennonite Church (Winnipeg, MB), Summer 2010
- Pastoral Intern at Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, IN), 2009-2010
- Associate Pastor of Children's Ministries at North Kildonan Mennonite Brethren Church (Winnipeg, MB), 2006-2008
Publications & Presentations:
- Shine Teacher Equipping events for Mennonite Church Eastern Canada, Present
- "The Ministers Among Us," Leader Magazine, Summer 2014
- Shine Together: The essential guide for teachers and leaders, contributing editor, 2013
- Shine On: a story Bible, content editing, 2013
- "A Walk with God," 50 Shades of Grace, 2013
- Interview participant in Dig In: Thirteen scriptures to help us know the way, 2013
- "Spiritual Types and Prayer Practices," Glenlea Mennonite Church, Spring 2012
- "Prayer Practices in the Classroom", Winnipeg Mennonite Elementary School (Agassiz Campus) Professional Development, March 2012
- "Children and Prayer," The Mennonite, September 2011
- "Holy Spaces," Purpose Magazine, August 2011
- "Spiritual Formation of Children in Worship," Church Leadership Centre Lent Planner, January 2011
- "Teaching the Death and Resurrection of Jesus to Children,"Vision: A Journal for Church & Theology, Fall 2010